Thu, 24 Nov|
Kakadu Beach Bird Sanctuary
Shorebird Identification Day (FULL)
Registration for this event is now closed.
When and where
24 Nov 2022, 8:30 am
Kakadu Beach Bird Sanctuary, Kakadu Cct, Banksia Beach QLD 4507, Australia
About the event
Important: This event is organised by Queensland Waders Study Group — more events on their website.
This event is fully booked so registration is now closed.
We are hoping that the king tide (high tide at 09:40am of 2.53m) will help produce a variety of birds onto this roost as the large tide may push the waders off other roosts. A bird hide is positioned at both ends of the roost.
Bring morning tea and a chair. It is a good idea to have a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent. Most importantly bring your binoculars or telescopes! Hopefully we can provide the answers to all your questions.
Participants will be required to sign the attendance register acknowledging they have read, and agree to comply with, the COVID-19 safe practices outlined on the Birds Queensland website, and other precautions including:
- wearing protective clothing at all times (eg. hat, enclosed footwear, sunglasses) and using sunscreen
- drinking water to avoid dehydration
- using insect repellent if necessary
- telling a leader about any health issues that may affect taking part in the field trip
- if feeling unwell, or concerned about someone else being unwell, immediately telling a group leader or another participant
- immediately telling a group leader or another participant about any injury suffered (including a slip, trip, fall and snake bite) or hazard that may cause injury to someone.
Please contact Linda and Phil Cross 0490 080 340 (or leave a message on 5495 2758) if you have any questions.